Solo Travel - A journey you take for yourself.

Welcome back to my blog, 

Hopefully by now you know that I go by the name Drunkwriter21 on all my social media handles, while it suggests that I write drunk, that's absolutely not the case. I am a blunt person who speaks what's on her mind and for the longest time I felt like I had lost my voice, and when I started to travel solo, I felt like I found my voice again. 

I started my journey in 2019, and then COVID-19 hit, and all travel stopped in 2020, but my heart was forever lost in the mighty Himalayas, and I knew I had to go back sooner or later to find it, little did I know, I would lose myself completely in Himalayas and there would be no turning back. 

Solo travel empowers you in ways which can't be described in a single blog, which is why I have decided to write as much as I can before I can't anymore. 

Initially solo travelling for me started as a way to escape reality and the everyday life problems that I was suffering from, eventually, with every trip I took, I understood the ground reality of how my problems where not as big as they had seemed, and I just needed to look at it from a different perspective. It's crazy how a single trip can give you lessons that 12 years of schooling couldn't. I had to start by taking one trip every few months to understand not just others, but also myself. 

My first solo trip was to this beautiful place in Himachal Pradesh, called Bir. That was the trip that made me realize that I was too extraordinary to be feeling that ordinary, it made me realize that life had a lot to offer but I was too stuck in my ways and my life to accept it and move forward. 

Like the title suggests, solo travel - a journey you take for yourself. 

I will take you on my crazy adventures in my upcoming blog, 

Hope you take away something from this one, 

You might not be much, but you're enough, you'll always be. 

Simran Bagga,

aka Drunkwriter21




Comments

  1. I was too extraordinary to be feeling that ordinary :-). Explore yourself. I guess everyone need to travel solo few times life to explore themselves..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to travel solo very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to start Solo Travelling?

Travel light, that's the key to travelling happily!

Bir - The land of magical sunsets and the best people!