Bir - The land of magical sunsets and the best people!

 Bir, home away from home. 

Back in 2021 I visited Bir after I quit my job and was tired of working overtime and listening to everyone talk about things that mattered to them, but I had no one to talk to, which sounds like a cry for help, and probably back in the day, it was. 

Today I look back and I have the greatest smile because if it wasn't for that trip, I would have missed on some flawless sunsets, wonderful people, and a place far in the mountains that I can call home. 

I booked a bus, it was an overnight journey, booked 2 different hostels to stay at, packed my bags and decided to leave. The weather was perfect, it was my first time staying at a hostel, which made my excited and anxious at the same time. One thing we need to know about hostels and solo tripping is, you will go on a trip solo, but when you stay at hostels, you will never return from a trip solo, you'll return with endless friends who would love to hang around and meet you soon! It's the greatest blessing of solo trips and staying at hostels. 

Another great thing is low-cost budget, when you meet more people and make new friends, everything, every expense is split up between you all, that's one of the best things that happens, food, transportation, adventures, everything is SPLIT! 

I stayed in Bir for 8 days and spent less than Rs. 8500/- on the trip including EVERYTHING. I saw a different and wonderful sunset from the landing site in Bir, I painted, I worked, and most importantly, I went alone but came back home with endless memories, friends not just from around India, but also from Abu Dhabi, Canada, France and USA. First of many trips, few of so many friends I have made in the past 2 years! 



Simran Bagga, 



Comments

  1. Can’t wait to visit Bir someday and do a solo trip as well😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to start Solo Travelling?

Travel light, that's the key to travelling happily!