How to start Solo Travelling?

 Welcome Back!

Solo travelling, why? Are you that lonely? Nope, I just love being able to do things on my own even if I have to do it by myself. 

I've always been the one to say that it needs to be done and whoever can do it, they should.

But the most important thing that needs to be understood is that, you need to love yourself immensely in order to spend time with yourself, because you've got to visit the places alone, eat alone, walk alone, and the list just goes on.


Of course you'll meet great people on the way, but are you willing to spend all your time with yourself when it's needed? That's the question.

I love my alone time and my own space, and after travelling solo, I love it forever more, which is why I always say, if possible, TRAVEL SOLO.



If you have doubts on the self-love or spending time alone part, travel alone in your city first, spend time with yourself, see how it feels and when you're ready, pick up your bags and leave.

Starting solo travel can be an incredibly rewarding and life-changing experience. I can say this with all the confidence because it changed my life for the better, here are some tricks to help you get started as well:

 

Research destinations based on your interests, budget, and most importantly safety. Consider starting with destinations that are known for being solo-travel friendly. (That’s what you need, believe me) Read travel blogs, look at vlogs on YouTube, to gather information about your chosen destination.

Create a travel budget that includes expenses like accommodation (hostels are the best for solo as well as couple travel), food, transportation, activities (sports, bars, fun), and an emergency fund (God forbid you might not need it but it’s always good to have one).

Pack light and only bring essentials (I have a habit of carrying a few extra clothes but DO NOT BE LIKE ME). Remember that you'll be the one carrying your luggage, so opt for versatile clothing and comfortable shoes (I did not follow this recently on my trip to south Goa, and I paid Rs. 3300 for extra luggage, again, DO NOT BE LIKE ME.)

Don't forget important items like chargers, adapters, first aid kit and a power bank, it’s a must!

Stay Open-Minded and Flexible so that you’re not surprised or upset over smallest things -

Solo travel can be unpredictable, so be open to new experiences and adapt to unexpected situations.

Embrace the opportunity to meet new people and make friends along the way because it will change your life and perspectives.

Trust your instincts and stay vigilant. Avoid risky areas and situations, especially at night. Please say NO if you don’t want to go partying, smoking or anything. Saying NO is POWER. Believe me.

And most important, HAVE FUN. That’s just what solo travelling is all about!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel light, that's the key to travelling happily!

Bir - The land of magical sunsets and the best people!